4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Select case (97)

Select case
    I wrote the below but the second case does not execute for something like say, 1201. I was hoping for any insight. Please advise. This fragment appears in the format event of a header of a report grouped upon code.

Select Case code
    'directors & sal coord...
    Case 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400, 1500
    Me.RegionDescription = DLookup("regionDescription", "Region", "code=" & code)
    'managers...
    Case Not (Right(code, 2)) = 99, Not (Right(code, 2)) = "00", Not (code) > 1599
    'others...
    Case Is > 1599

End Select

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Select case (97)

Well, it didn't work for me that way either, but if I dimmed a variable to hold the value of the Right() expression and then used that variable as the Select Case test, it worked fine. Must be something about using that function within the Select Case.

This may mean you have to split the code into seperate decision statements since sometimes you are testing all of the value and sometimes only a portion of it, but it's the only way I could get it to work. Someone elsse may know more about this.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Select case (97)

A Select Case takes an expression and uses that as the basis for conditional execution. Since you're looking at the value of the code, it doesn't make sense to try to manipulate that value in a case. Try this instead:

Select Case code

'directors & sal coord...
    Case 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400, 1500

'others...
    Case Is > 1599
    'whatever goes here

Case Else
    'managers...
    If (Right(code, 2)) <>"99" And Not (Right(code, 2)) <>"00" Then
    End If

End Select
    Charlotte