New Lounger
    Thanks

multiple user security (Access 2000)

How do i set up multiple user security, each with a different password and logon? Can multiple people open up the database and save changes, if they are given that privilege? I played around with trying to set this up but may not be going around the procedures correctly. Do i set up groups first? Not sure. Thanks.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: multiple user security (Access 2000)

I hope that help u .
    Ashraf
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks

Great! But how do I implement this in my database? I assume this would be in the database that I'm using, but does it work in a sense that access to all objects in the database are not accessible until the user logs on? Maybe i've got this going all in the wrong direction. Would i set the logon to appear in the switchboard? Thanks!
    -Youa

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The sample that was posted is after the fact security and is fairly easy to bypass. Why not use the built-in security features of Access? That will force the user to login before they can even open the database.

You can get a start on that by going to Tools-->Security and choosing User Level Security Wizard, which will walk you through creating a workgroup and setting up Access security on a database. Make sure you create a new workgroup file, since you don't want to have security pop up on all your databases, just this one. The Help button on the wizard will take you directly to the Help articles that deal with organizing security accounts and creating users, groups, etc.
    Charlotte

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Have a look at Frequently Asked Questions About Microsoft Access Security for Microsoft Access versions 2.0 through 2000
    It's a good starting point to implement User security
    Francois