New Lounger
    Thanks

Alphabetical Address Book and Contacts (Outlook 2002 (XP))

I'm going bonkers with the address book in Outlook 2002 (XP). Contacts are all in alphabetical order by LAST name, but address book is alphabetical by FIRST name. Can't click on the "tool bar" to re-order the list, and I've spent hours trying to figure it out. No doubt there is a simple answer. Can someone enlighten me, PLEASE? I've tried adding field (last name), right clicking on everything, the view, the options, etc... Auto complete used to work with the last name only, but now it only wants first names to autocomplete!

Thank you, in advance,

Art
    DoctorArt@usa.net

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Alphabetical Address Book and Contacts (Outlook 2002 (XP))

Art,

Not sure if this will work with XP (I have Outlook 2000), but ... in 2000 if you're in Contacts and choose View, Current View, Customize Current View, you should get the following dialog box in which one of the choices is to Sort, in this case the Sort is by File As ... which in is last name first in my case ... but you could choose First Name as a possible alternative. Sorry if this doesn't help with your question about Autocomplete (that's a mystery to me):
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Alphabetical Address Book and Contacts (Outloo

I'm not sure if this is what you had in mind, but there is some VBA code posted here - together with instructions on how to use it - which would enable you to sort your Contacts in the same order as the Address Book. (The code was written for Outlook 2000, but should run in XP without problems.) HTH
    Gre

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Alphabetical Address Book and Contacts (Outloo

When I tried to import the form I got an error which I could fix but I thought others may need help with it.

The error was:
    olUsrChoiceLine 8: Property OleObjectBlob in usrChoice had an invalid file reference.

Edit olUsrChoiceLine.frm in notepad
    OleObjectBlob = "usrchoice.frx":0000 should be OleObjectBlob = "olusrchoice.frx":0000

I have attached a zip file of the fixed .frm together with the .bas and .frx file.

I hope this helps someone.
    Attached Files Attached Files