Lounger
    Thanks

Report Footer or Page Footer? (2000 SR-1)

I need to have totaling information print at the bottom of the page of a report and I'm not sure where to put it. If I put it in the page footer and the report goes beyond 1 page it prints on both. If I choose report footer it prints right after the detail. Is there a way to force the report footer to print at the bottom of the report or have only the page footer print on the last page.

Thanks in advance for your answers

Tom

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report Footer or Page Footer? (2000 SR-1)

The report footer prints once, at the end of the report regardless of how many pages there are in the report. Page footers printer once for each page of the report. If the information you want to print is a grand total, then the report footer is a logical place to put it, but it appears immeidatelly after the end of the detail section, not at the bottom of the last page.

If you only want the page footer to print on the last page, you would have to use the Format event of the page footer to see if [Page] = [Pages]. If the expression evaluates to true, you would print the totals, if not you could either suppress the page footer or simply hide the controls that show the totals.
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report Footer or Page Footer? (2000 SR-1)

Check out Helen feddema's site - http://www.helenfeddema.com/access.htm

Article 97 discusses various ways of doing what you want