Lounger
    Thanks

Problem publishing updates to web (Frontpage 2000 v.4.0.2.3821)

I am unable to publish updates to my website. The file/s gets updated in FP, but when I publish them the site remains unchanged. BTW, the publishing appears to work perfectly as I get NO error messages, etc.

I've tried clearing the cache to be sure IE wasn't taking a short cut and showing me a saved copy of the old file. I've tried publishing ALL files as well as changes only. Neither alternative results in proper updates.

I've also done a "detect and repair" in FP to see if that would resolve the problem.

I'm using Windows XP and my ISP/Webhost is Earthlink.

I really need to find a solution to this problem. Any help sure would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Dave Sellars
    Tallahassee, FL

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Problem publishing updates to web (Frontpage 2000 v.4.0.2.3821)

How long have you waited before checking? It could be that Earthlink is caching incoming changes, which they then put into effect at some predetermined time, to reduce system load. I don't know if Earthlink does this, though, because most users hate it.

Dave

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply Dave. Well, I considered that so I have waited up to 24 hrs +.

BTW, do you know what function the "bots.cnf file completes. I tried to recalculate hyperlinks and got an error message saying that the file bots.cnf could not be opened for reading. Wonder if that has anything to do with my problem?

-- dave --

Thanks

If you use FP to open the site directly off the web, can you see any reason that FP would be reluctant to replace a file? For example, do the file timestamps show that they are more recent than your local files? I guess if you get desperate you could delete the offending files and republish them. Or, for safety's sake, rename them and then delete them after republishing.