New Lounger
    Thanks

Query with No Values (Acc97)

A textbox on a report has the source "=Count([qryField])". When the qry returns records, the total number of records shows up here. However, when the qry returns no values, it needs to read "0" so I can use it in a calculation but I get the "#Error". I've tried IIF, IIF(IsNull, Nz, IIF(Nz, <>, is null, is not null... aaaahhhh!!!
    Any ideas on the best way to get a zero for the value.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Query with No Values (Acc97)

Gee... it feels great not to be alone. I was about to post a very similar question last night!! Here's the solution I came up with. Cumbersome, but it works:

=IIf(IsError([rptWorkOrderCostMechanicsSUB].[Report]![txtSumCost]),0,[rptWorkOrderCostMechanicsSUB].[Report]![txtSumCost])

The subreport named rptWorkOrderCostMechanicsSUB contains a textbox named txtSumCost. If there are no records in the subform, it returns #Error#. The IIF function causes it to return zero.

Hope this helps..
    --------------------------------------------------
    Jack MacDonald
    Vancouver, Canada

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Query with No Values (Acc97)

Is qryField a specific field in the report's recordset? Depending on what exactly you're trying to do, you can usually save yourself a lot of headaches by using a calculated true/false field in the underlying query and using Sum instead of Count in the report. Sum(Nz([qryField],0)) should work in that scenario.
    Charlotte