New Lounger
    Thanks

Speech Recognition (Windows XP (home))

XP will never see the light of day in my home! Well I was trying to use IE 6.0 & Word 2002. Words would start typing by themselves on the screen (I had the TV turned on), and the response time was terrible. I was getting very frustrated trying to erase words when more words would start appearing on the screen! I thought I may have had a new virus the way my PC was acting. CPU usage was at 100% and other applications were not responding. I rebooted three times and finally realized my problem with all my four letter adjectives starting appearing on the screen. One of my boys turned on speech recognition and hid a microphone on my computer desk. Have you ever used XP with speech recognition? A certain son is spending the rest of spring break with his computer privileges suspended. My question is how do I turn off speech reognition and delete it from my hard drive? I'm sure it must take up megabytes of storage.
    Thanks!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Speech Recognition (Windows XP (home))

Start | Control Panel | Add and Remove Programs | Microsoft Office XP... from the list | Change button | Add or Remove Features | Next button.
    Under Office Shared Features | Alternative User Input | Speech click on it and from pop-up menu choose Not Available.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Speech Recognition (Windows XP (home))

Good tip; found it on my second search in the Lounge. Thanks.