Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hyperlinks in Excel (Office 97)

Ok, I'm a maverick . I use Netscape as my default browser instead of I.E. I have both versions 4.72 and 6.2.1 on my system. My default is version 6.2.1. I'm using Excel to create a database, and I want to be able to click on a link or an e-mail address and have the browser open (or e-mail compose window open). Works perfectly, except it opens in Netscape 4! HOW do I get it to open Netscape 6???? Am I missing some setting? SURELY I don't have to uninstall Netscape 4???

Suggestions, recommendations, etc., gratefully accepted.
    Thank you

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hyperlinks in Excel (Office 97)

Not sure whether you've really posted to the right Board. Anyway, what have you set as your system default browser and default e-mail client? From what you're saying, it sounds like it's Netscape 4.72. (Did you ever reset things when you installed Netscape 6x?) Your first point of call may be checking your Folder Options and your Internet Options in Control Panel. HTH
    Gre

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hyperlinks in Excel (Office 97)

I'm probably not in the correct board; discovered after I sent the post that I have the same problem in other programs. I checked the settings, and sure enough, they were set to Communicator instead of Netscape 6x; I changed them, even uninstalled and reinstalled Netscape so it now knows it's the default. I'm still getting errors, but at least they're minor (apparently my mail client isn't installed correctly. At least it works!

Thank you for pointing me in the correct direction. That went a LONG way towards solving the problem!