Star Lounger
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Appending table to spike (97 SR2)

If I select an entire row of a table, cut/copy to spike only handles the first column.
    This happens if I use the normal cut to spike command (Crtl F3) or the macro in
    The macro uses Selection.Range, why is Selection.Range not equal to the visible selection, and what can I do about it?

thanks in advance

Super Moderator
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Re: Appending table to spike (97 SR2)

I don't have the answers but there may be a couple of workarounds.

You could create a real autotext entry instead of the spike. Perhaps you could then merge multiples together when you insert the spike if you have spiked several times.

I did notice that if you selected the final row of a table and a following return then the spike contains what you would expect. You could use this to create a macro that decides if your selection is a row (other than the last row of the table) and splits the table there and selects the row and empty return - spikes - then rejoins the table. This method won't work for table selections other than a complete row.

What was the code in Macros8? I am running Word2000 now and don't have a copy of Macros8 with me. Macros9 doesn't have a spike routine.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia