Thread: Edit Reports

crosby75

Edit Reports

I hope someone can help. My office does investigations and the data is put into Access 2000. We print the report as we leave, and we leave a draft report with the CEO. Often, when we get back to the home office, we have significant editing to do. Has anyone found any method to export the report to an editable format? Exporting to Word does not preserve graphics, so that is out of the question. We could print to Adobe Acrobat, but that means buying additional software for each of our inspectors. Is there third part software that will help? Does Microsoft have any hidden tricks here?

Frank

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Edit Reports

Reports are NOT intended to be edited. What you edit is the data behind the reports, and then you run new reports. If you were to edit the report, none of the edits would be reflected in the database.
    Charlotte

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I agree with Charlotte's comments.[img]/w3timages/icons/kiss.gif[/img]

You could consider a word document which collected it's data from the access database. (Linked) This might be easier to edit if the actual data did not need to be changed.
    David Grugeon
    Brisbane Australia

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have done something similar, by using Excel. I export the raw data to Excel and use macros/VB to name ranges etc.. Then I use Word linked to the data and charts in Excel. This means that the report being produced in Word will automatically change when the Excel data is updated.

Once all your data is updated in Excel, you could import back to Access to update the raw data. Loads of work but could be done....