3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Visual Studio/Service Packs (Visual Basic)

I've never downloaded any service pack. However, I'm dealing with an Access2K database and started getting the "db not recognized" error. I do this for fun an downloading a 54Mb file on a 56K modem is not my idea of fun. First question: do I have to download all 3 service packs or will downloading number 5 is enough? Second question: where can I get a CD with the service packs? Any assistance appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Visual Studio/Service Packs (Visual Basic)

You should be able to order the service packs on-line from Microsoft for the cost of shipping the CDs., but you can also download the service packs for VB alone, which shouldn't be 54Mb. As far as I know, the VS/VB service packs are inclusive. With Office service packs, you sometimes have to have the earlier one installed to install the later (i.e., Office 97 SR-1 and SR-2).

Did you start getting the error in an app that was previously working? If so, it sounds like something got stepped on. If it never worked, check your project references. If you're using DAO to talk to Access, you need the DAO 3.6 reference for Access 2k.
    Charlotte

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks! It is something I'm doing from scratch, using ADO. I'll try to oder ir from MS.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you're using ADO, you may need to download and install a later version of MDAC. I don't recall which version actually came with VB/VS6, but I seem to remember it was a version that had problems.
    Charlotte

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

As usual, you have been very kind. Thanks!