daniel_chiu

Outlook Express lose hotlink feature

I am using OUtlook express 5.5 under w2k server environment. Outlook express has been fine for months until last week. When there is a hyperlink on the email, usually I can left-click on that to startup IE and browse that page. Somehow I lost that ability last week. I click on that link but IE is not started. But my IE is working perfectly fine by itself.

Any idea how to cure this symptom?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Frank Virginia

Re: Outlook Express lose hotlink feature

Try entering IE first, then click on "mail" on the bar which should load Outlook Express. Then read a message and see if a reference is active.

jrstark

If you already have IE windows open, check them. I haven't figured out the pattern, but sometimes when I click on a link it opens a new window, and other times it takes over an existing window.

Lounger
    Thanks

I once saw a similar problem on a Win 9x machine. It turned out to be that the association for "URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol" had been wiped out. It needed to be reset to IE.

HTH.