2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Nitrous Exit Fuel (IE5.5)

Please help.
    My son I think has installed something maybe called "nitrous.exitfuel.com" that wipes out web pages he may be viewing. I'm trying to find a way around this but I'm not having any luck thus far. Anyone hear of any such program?? And are there countermeasures I could employ??
    Thanks

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Nitrous Exit Fuel (IE5.5)

Sounds like it is a scam of some sort:

"The following sites have been identified as participating in a Viral Marketing Scam which, once infecting a users computer, cause advertising pages to continually pop up on the victim's computer...even AFTER reinstalling MS Explorer:

NetFlip
    ExitFuel
    NetBroadcaster
    MovieNetworks
    MediaCharger

The linkable URLs to the above sites have been purposely omitted from this post as it is recommended that you NOT "click" on any of the sites listed.

The following links show up in the MS Explorer history folder and expose some of the companies involved in this scam:

DO NOT "CLICK" ON ANY OF THE FOLLOWING URLs, they are provided to demonstrate links contained in the MS Explorer history folder once a user's computer has been infected. The www designations have been omitted to prevent you from accidently "clicking" on any of the following:

nitrous.exitfuel.com/?BPROGRAM=EF1&LINKIN=consult&REF=
    referral.topbucks.com/clickthru.cgi?id=consult
    netbroadcaster.com/nbstyles.css
    netbroadcaster.com/rightlinks.js
    fast.mediacharger.com/movienetworks/d.cgi?prov=if&sub=1055
    nitrous.internetfuel.com/framer.html?lev=1&loc=://fast.mediacharger.com/movienetworks/?prov=if&sub=1057&creative=D4
    nitrous.exitfuel.com/?BPROGRAM=EF1&LINKIN=consult&REF=netflip.com/nf/FastCash/List2/?hid=6361531&origin=af
    adserv.internetfuel.com/cgi-bin/newredirect.cgi?AD=EF-MN-dropcharge-1055
    adserv.internetfuel.com/cgi-bin/newredirect.cgi?GROUP=NB-prepages
    nitrous.internetfuel.com/sites/premature.html
    adserv.internetfuel.com/cgi-bin/newredirect.cgi?AD=lifetime900dropdown
    nitrous.exitfuel[1].html
    ifcol.exitfuel.com/counter/logo.gif?BPROGRAM=EF1&GROUP=0&SITEID=3000
    adserv.internetfuel.com/cgi-bin/roidirect.cgi?RID=181&HID=82&POS=1&NSUBTYPE=1
    adserv.internetfuel.com/cgi-bin/getimage.cgi?AD=mediachargerAI
    download.mediacharger.com/movienetworks/install.exe"
    __________________________________________________ _________________

The compter is likely infected with some virus or other malware. First, I would get an updated version of a good anti-virus program and run a full scan on your computer...