2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Default folder for inserting a file

When I'm composing a mail message and I select Insert, File, I am presented with the dialog box for selecting a file. Can I change the default folder that is opened when the Insert File dialog box appears? In case it's relevant, some of our users are using Word as their mail editor; most are not.

We have Outlook 2000.

Thanks!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Default folder for inserting a file

You can edit the location of the my docs fodler, but it moves it for all applications. There is a utility at swync.com that will fix the regisrty to point to a different folder, i posted it in an early thread in this forum and a link to it is at slipstick. Also, you can edit the places bar, either with a utility (both Woody and MS have one) or with a registry hack. (The hack can be used for Win2k and ME too) Instructions for the hacks are at this outlook site

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Default folder for inserting a file

I have the file selection open in Personal in my profile (which I think is the default) but as well as some useful places on the place bar (using the WOPR Place Bar organiser) I have only shortcuts in my Personal directopry, so i am usually only 2 clicks away from whatever I want.
    David Grugeon
    Brisbane Australia