Lounger
    Thanks

Include nulls (Access 2000 SR2)

OK, I know I've seen/done this before, but my brain is fried and I'm drawing a blank.

I have 2 tables joined on a common identifier (account code). One table lists insurance policies/premiums, the other lists claims. I want to run a report that shows the policy and premium data along with the claim data. If there are no claims, I want those fields to print on my report as "$0.00". Right now, if a record has no claim data, even the policy data won't show up on the report (and they *all* have policy data).

How can I force the query/report to include the null values? Any help is appreciated.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Include nulls (Access 2000 SR2)

In your query, change the join type to include all the records from table Policy. If you double click the join line you will see the join options.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Include nulls (Access 2000 SR2)

In the query, right click on the relation line between the two tables. Select the Properties and select the second or third option witch says Include all records from table policies/premiums and only ......
    As for claims use Nz(Claim,0) and format as appropriate in the report. These function can be used in the query or report.
    Francois