Lounger
    Thanks

Terminal Server Logging...

Hey everyone, is there any way I can log who is logging in/out of a terminal server, what applications they run, etc. We are currently logging things like FTP activity and pcAnywhere activity and dumping that information (in the form of a text file) to a folder on a server so we can view it whenever we like. Is this possible with Terminal Services? I've looked just about everywhere I can think of and have found no place to specify where to create a log file. Any help on this would be much appreciated, thanks!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Terminal Server Logging...

Start : Programs : Admin Tools : Domain Security Policy : Local Security Policies : Audit Policy. Set Audit Logon Events and Audit Process Tracking. That should do it for ya.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks! But now that I've got that turned on, is there a log file that it saves to somewhere? I'm not very familiar with auditing policies. Thanks for you help.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yup. Event Viewer. I don't know that it makes .log files anywhere, but you might search for them. You can always save your Event Viewer logs by right-clicking them.

Thanks

Going by this:
    How to Change the Default Event Viewer Log File Location (Q216169)
    it must be somewhere.

Otherwise, check out JSI Tip 4528:
    <A target="_blank" HREF="http://www.jsiinc.com/subj/tip4500/rh4528.htm">4528

Lounger
    Thanks

cool, well I got it so that it's creating the event and it shows up in the event viewer, and for now I'm just exporting it as a csv to the location I want to save to, but it would be nice if the csv was updated automatically....I'll keep messing with it...Thanks for your help