New Lounger
    Thanks

The 'Open' Window (Word 2000/Office 2000)

I have been using Outlook for awhile and use Word now and then (sorry, but I much prefer WordPerfect). I noticed in the switch from Outlook 98 to Outlook 2000 that the "insert" window has the icons on the left side. They look like the outlook bar icons, but there does not appear to be any way to customize them. You're stuck with History, My Documents, Desktop, and Favorites. Since I work on a network, it would be nice to set a working directory up in this area to reduce the number of clicks I need to make. Since getting Word 2000, I notice that the "Open" window is set up the same way. There must be a way to customize these windows to include actually useful folders in this area of the windows. Does anyone know of a way?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: The 'Open' Window (Word 2000/Office 2000)

You need to download Woodys WOPR placebar customiser which works a treat and will allow up to 10 locations to show at once. There are other ways to do it but they involve delving into the registry.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: The 'Open' Window (Word 2000/Office 2000)

There is a small program/add-in from Microsoft which allows users to modify the place bar. Get it from here