Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Favorites Doesn't Work (XP Pro & IE6)

If IE is open, the <font color=blue>Favorites</font color=blue> menu item located betwixt View & Tools works just fine.
    Otherwise, this is the problem: On the Start menu, in the upper right-hand pane, there is a <font color=blue>Favorites</font color=blue> menu item located between My Music and My Computer. Whenever I navigate to that Favorites menu and click a selection, nothing happens.

It is an exact duplicate (structure, sites, etc.) as the Favorites menu item within IE. I would have expected that it would auto-start IE and log on to the selected site.

Also, if IE is open and I use the Favorites menu item from the Start menu, it still has no effect. This can't be the way it was intended to function - for there would be NO reason to have the Favorites item present from the Start menu.

Have I missed a setting?
    Can anyone offer advice on this one?
    - Ricky

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Favorites Doesn't Work (XP Pro & IE6)

I guess no one else has encountered this situation. But working with an MS Tech, we found a semi-solution.

<hr><font color=blue>Condition:</font color=blue> Clicking an item on the Start Menu | Favorites does not launch the web page.
    <font color=blue>Solution:</font color=blue> Start | Run Regsvr32 URLMON.DLL. Reboot.<hr>

This registers the dll file. After the reboot, the Favorites menu functions as it was intended. However, after a period of time, 10-15 minutes, the Favorites menu stops working, again. Something is happening and I'm not sure what it is. Following the steps to register that dll file will provide the fix but it is temporary (in my case).
    - Ricky