2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

LookUp list not alphabetized (2000)

Hello

One table in my database is a listing of all employees (4 fields in table = SSN(primary key), first name, last name, and department). The table is sorted alphabetically by last name. Using the lookup wizard, I made a lookup list in a second table (training class attendance) to enter who went to what classes. In the wizard, when chosing what fields to be my lookup columns, I chose the last name and first name field and kept the key column (SSN) hidden. But when I click the drop-down arrow in the table or form to enter data, the list is not shown alphabetically by last name and so it's not saving me any time. Is there a property I can set to affect how the lookup list is shown?

Thanks all

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: LookUp list not alphabetized (2000)

Use a query instead of a table. Select the sorting order desired, and use that as the basis for the form.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Amplifying on what Peter said, if you look at the [Row Source] property for the drop-down combo box (in design mode), and click in it, you will see the builder ellipsis (...) on the right hand side. If you already have the table name in the property and you do that, it will ask you if you want to make a query from that table, and if you say yes, it brings up the familiar query grid. Put in the sort you want, then close the query grid and it will ask if you want to save it to the property. A very powerful and quick way to do what you want.
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

WOW - that could not have been any easier!!
    Thank you both VERY much!