Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

mailmerge to email with text (Word97/SR2)

I'd like to know if it is possible, without going into VBA, to have a standard disclaimer in the email message itself, not as an attachment, but right there in the text body, something along the lines of "This message contains an attached document; if you have any questions about the attachment please contact Chris Greaves at xxx-yyyy-zzzz",

email mailmerge See also this post from Wendell Bell.

I used Wendell's tip to generate 10 email messages from a mail-merge document. Works very well, and thanks, Wendell.

When I open Outlook I see ten messages waiting to be sent, and when I open any message I see that it has an attached document, two pages personalised to the intended recepient, so far so good.

All that is missing is a small piece of text that the recepient can read prior to opening the two-page attachment.

Thanks

Re: mailmerge to email with text (Word97/SR2)

What if you temporarily made that your Outlook "signature" for the duration of the merge? Does it get added/created, or does merging bypass the normal behavior?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: mailmerge to email with text (Word97/SR2)

> made that your Outlook "signature" for the duration of the merge?

Excellent idea, thanks Jscher.

It allows me to lump "subscription" details in the signature. Since I will be using Outlook ONLY for emailing the newsletter, it can stay there.

Your comments also prompted me to check my Eudora signature - time to put my webpage in there too. Thanks!