New Lounger
    Thanks

lost password (Front Page 2000)

Started with Front Page 98, upgraded to Front Page 2000, can't remember my front page password (for creation of a new web) (the rest of my websites work just fine). Will removal and resinstallation of front page allow me to set a new password? Is there any way to recover the old username and password?

Appreciate your help, gtolpa@texas.net

Thanks

Re: lost password (Front Page 2000)

Are you talking about a password to log in to your ISP to publish your website?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully, my ISP would be able to service that request. During the original installation of front page, you are asked for a local username and password prior to your first creation of a local web. This is the username and password that is lost. Can service my websites that are hosted by an ISP just fine. Just can't create anything local or new.

Thanks,

Geo

Thanks

Did you install the FrontPage Webserver? What OS are you using?
    Reinstalling the FPServer Extentions should allow you the opportunity to reset your admin account/password.

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

New Lounger
    Thanks

Got the problem resolved. Front Page 98 used a built in web server. So a username and password is required. Front page 2000 does not. When one tries to create a web page the default location is node_namemyweb. Changing the location, say to c:test allows you to create a web page, local to your machine (allowing you to continue using front page) without the assignment of a username or password.