Lounger
    Thanks

Normal.Dot Issue (Word 2002)

I am having a problem with the Normal.Dot template.....I think.
    A secretary cannot get a new blank document whenever she clicks on the tool bar icon or a menu selection. Instead.she gets a memo that she typed 3 or 4 days ago. Somehow she changed the settings but I cannot resolve it or keep it from coming back! I have tried detect and repair, renaming Normal.dot to Normal.dot.old.....and I have even removed and reinstalled WORD 2002. She uses Office XP Small Business Edition. I even tried removing that and reinstalling. No luck...the problem comes back.

Anyone have any ideas or solutions?
    I have created a blank document on her desktop so she can just click that and use it but this does not resolve the problem and does not answer what is going on.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Normal.Dot Issue (Word 2002)

Hi Brian:
    It's likely that she has somehow copied or saved a document as normal.dot. I haven't used Word 2002, but I've read that normal.dot doesn't exist in Word 2002 until it's been modified. Since you already tried renaming it, see if there's more than one normal template on her system. The other thing you might do is go to Windows Explorer, find normal.dot, right click & choose "Open" (rather than double clicking it). This will open normal.dot & you can go through & delete all the text & resave it.

Hope this helps.