New Lounger
    Thanks

Mapping Network Drive - Can't see server

Hi All,

Probably a dumb question. I have a home network set up at home with a Win2K Domain Server set up as primary machine. My wife has a Win2K pro desktop from work. I would like to be able to map a drive on her machine to a share on my machine, but it doesn't see the shares at all - even when I use the connect as different user option and put in a user name/password from my domain.

Of course I can't mess with her computer account or domain membership for her work purposes. Any ideas about what I'm missing here?

Right now I'm using FTP to transfer files from her computer to my server which is rather inconvenient.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mapping Network Drive - Can't see server

Peter,
    I'm somewhat new at the home network thing myself, but I'll tell you what I did. I have 4 PCs (Win2K, WinNT, Win98Se, and Win95) all connected to a DSL router. When I tried to map drives I couldn't see the others either. What I found out was that the C$ drive indicator is for administrative access (i.e., you must map to it via an administrator account). I created a share indicator for each drive on my 2K and NT PCs, by using just the drive letter....not with the $ sign. When I did that, I had no trouble.