Lounger
    Thanks

ActiveX date picker problem (2K)

I inserted the MS Date and Time Picker Control (6.0)onto a page of my form, and it seemed to work fine until I closed and reopened the form. I use a simple login form which then opens the form containing the ActiveX control. If I use the login form, I get a message saying "The Open Form Action Was Canceled." If I open the form in question directly I get a message that "The expression On Open that you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX Control." If I remove the On Open event code, the error message pops up for the next event that is raised. I can open the form in design view, and this time I don't even see the control anymore.

Other times I got error messages when I tried to look at the code for the form telling me the module did not exist, or the form could not be found. At that point I was getting the "Open form action was canceled" message as well.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Obviously I will have to do without the calendar if these errors are not solved. I do not want to add "bells and whistles" and make it unstable.

I also tried the Common Control Replacement Project's date and time picker, but it looked as though it were disabled, but enabled was set to true. Perhaps if I fiddled with it a little I might get it to work, but it was still a beta version.

Thanks,
    Sean

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ActiveX date picker problem (2K)

I've never had any trouble with the Date/Time Picker control. When you say you don't see the control in design view, it sounds like there may be something wrong with the activex control itself or it may have somehow become unregistered on your system. Since I have both MOD and VB6 Pro on my system, I'm not sure which of them installed the control in the first place.

The errors you're getting in code can only be resolved by stepping through it because it sounds like you have some colliding events.
    Charlotte