New Lounger
    Thanks

global templates (Word 2000 SR-1)

My computer is loading some global templates, and I do not know what they are or where they are coming from. They are not listed in the ApplicationDataWordStartup folder. The names of the templates are aware97.dot, PDFwriter97.dot and dgnword.dot. I think the dgnword may be from Dragon NaturallySpeaking, but I can't be sure. Any ideas where these are coming from, and why they are loading, when they are not in the startup folder?
    Thanks.
    Tex

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: global templates (Word 2000 SR-1)

When you select one of the items in the list in Tools/Templates and add-ins, the full path of the file is displayed below the list. However, as another poster found out recently, this is not always reliable.

You might have a look at this site in www.mvps.org. It provides a lot of information about the location of global templates - in Word 2000 the situation is more complicated than in Word 97!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Tex:
    If you installed Microsoft Word over Word 97, and you had templates and add-ins located in the previous Startup folder, Word 2000 still loads and uses those templates and add-ins (C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOfficeSTARTUP). This assumes a default setup & that it was installed into drive letter "C:"

In general, you can click the taskbar & press F3 to bring up the Find box & search for files. You can then double click the found folder to see all the add-ins.

Hope this helps.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

pdfwriter is from Acrobat.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I did the upgrade, and found these templates under Crogram filesmicrosoft officestartup. I moved them to another folder, and now they are not loading when I launch MS Word 2000. Thanks for the information.
    Tex