Thanks

FORM SIZE (A2K SR1)

I have a form that is storing several graphics. The graphics are linked to a pulldown menu such that as you change the pulldown menu value, the graphics change as well. The problem is that the length of the form max's out at 22. I have ten graphs I need to show and can't fit them in a legible manner unless the form length can exceed 22.

Is there a way to increase the form length past 22 or does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this. I though that I could create smaller forms (like thumbnails) that would maximize when clicked, however, do not want to spend the time to do this.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: FORM SIZE (A2K SR1)

According to Microsoft specifications, 22" is the maximum width and height of a form/report.

Do you really need to see all 10 graphs at the same time? If not, you can place the graphs on the pages of a tab control.

Thanks

... User requirements. They want to see all 10 graphs at once such that they can scroll from graph to graph. I didn't think of using a tab control. Not a bad idea. Any chance you have some code to do this?
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Since it's physically impossible for them to see all 20 graphs at once, I would consider the alternatives. A tab control is by far the easiest way to handle it and would allow them to click on the tab or button to move to a specific graph rather than having to scroll through all of them. You could use the change event of the tab control (which fires when the user clicks on a tab) to determine which tab they clicked and then load that graph.

I have to ask when these graphs are being populated ... or are they static? Either way, linking them at the last minute with a tab control would speed the performance and load time of the form.

BTW Data Access Pages are limited to intranet use.
    Charlotte

Thanks

Charlotte,

The Graph Setup is Static, however, the underlying data populating the graphs is not. Filters on the queries that supply data for the graph(s) are linked to the Combo Boxes. The Graphs are also tied as a Child to the Combo Boxes such that each time the combo box selections are changed, the query supplying data for the graph creates a new set of data and the graph changes as well.

Rather then use the tabs, I created one graph that is linked to the combo boxes. The user has the ability to select any of the 100 or so graphs by changing the parameters of the combo boxes. Thus, I do not have to create 100 or so graphs.

Thanks for your help.

Also - Way back when I had asked a question about printing forms. The problem was that if I selected File / Print, the printout would be hundreds of pages since it would select all data although the data on the form would be only one page. You suggested creating a report to print from which I did and worked as well. An easier way to do this is to create a print command button with the following statement "on click": DoCmd.PrintOut acSelection which prints a screen shot of the selected data.

(You probably knew this but thanks for all of your help anyway)
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Glad you found a resolution. As for .PrintOut, I never use it because I don't like the look of printed forms and because I generally build reports that can be used is various ways.
    Charlotte