New Lounger
    Thanks

Date() doesn't work on some systems (2000)

anyoneone see the Date() not work on certain PC's? I have 15 PC's that came in at the same time with win2k , they also have AUTOCAD 2002 ...they will not execute the date()..the NAME error occurs. All of the rest of the systems (50) work, Office 2000 is from same CD on Network. I have uninstalled and reloaded with no success..it's a small simple timecard program that works everywhere else...my mind is putty

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Date() doesn't work on some systems (2000)

This could be a problem of missing references.
    On the pc where the error occurs, open a module, Select the Tools menu and References.
    Look for references marked MISSING. Uncheck these and see if the application works.
    Francois

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

This can also be caused by a problem with the version of MDAC installed on the machine. I've seen reports of problems with the Date() function under those circumstances, but I'm not certain which version of MDAC is involved. If your references are all good, then compare the ADO library versions on the malfunctioning machines. If all the problem machines have AutoCAD 2002, I would suspect it installs one of the flakier version of MDAC, but I don't see what you can do about it except look to AutoCAD tech support to see if there is a later (or earlier) version of MDAC it can work with.
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

thanks-references was the trick!