Lounger
    Thanks

Style deletion (Word 2002 XP)

Hi,

One of our members wrote:

"I began using Microsoft Word for the Macintosh, version 3.1 in about 1998. I continued through several versions to about 1997, when I shifted over to the Windows platform. I have used Word 95, Word 97, Word 2000 and Office 20001 XP PRO. I use Word to keep my notes from my travels and other data. Over the years, I have used many different styles that I defined myself. I now files that have templates with many styles that I no longer want in those templates. Is there any way in which I can strip out those unused styles from the files? I realize that I can delete the undesired styles from the *.dot template so that those obsolete styles are not reproduced in new documents, but how can I easily delete them from the template that presently exists in each file that I have already created?
    As I mentioned above, I began with the Macintosh platform. I chose Microsoft Word for the Macintosh because it was the only program at the time that could easily generate mathematical formulas. Those formulas were generated by the sequence of characters bbc{(aal())), in which the character was executed by a special keystroke sequence. Inside the formula, the members were separated by commas. If I wanted to print a comma, I inserted the sequence

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Style deletion (Word 2002 XP)

In a document, use

Format

Styles and formatting.

When the Styles and Formatting window appears, select the style you want to delete and the down arrow on the right side. If you want to delete the style, click Delete. There are some styles you cannot delete. If the style is in this window, it is used in the document.

I'm not sure I understand the second question. You might experiment with the

Edit

Find

Replace command
    Bob Wall