aec

Delegate permissions

We are running win 95 with office 2000 over a NT network (NT4 SP6). I have tried to give some members of the network permission through the delegate function to access other peoples calendars. This has worked on some pc's but not others. Can anyone give clues as to why it doesn't work on some and how I fix it?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Delegate permissions

using exchange claendars? it should work on all, reguardless of the OS as long as permissions are correct.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I wonder whether this could this be anything to do with a new option which has appeared in OL2K?
    Tools | Options | Calendar Options, then click on Free/Busy Options...
    There is a new option here 'Publish my Free/Busy Information'. Clicking on the question mark at top right and then on this field yields the following help : "Specifies that your free/busy data is to be stored on the server and made available to others" It isn't clear (at least to me) whether server refers to the exchange server or a server holding the URL I can specify later.
    Just in case, we are advising our users to set this check box.
    HTH
    Silverback

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

any server. on our network we just use the netbios name of the server where we want it stored.