Thread: Word macro (97)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word macro (97)

We have to print documents where the first page is printed on letterhead and the rest of the document is printed on plain paper and also duplexed. I want to create a macro that will do this automatically. I can setup the first page to print to a drawer in the printer that has letterhead but printing the rest of the document is my problem. How do I print the rest of the document without printing the first page (which is the letterhead page)? Any help would be appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word macro (97)

If you look up the PrintOut method in the online help, you will see how to print a range of pages.
    In your case the following instruction prints everything starting at page 2:

ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="2"

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you - that worked. I created the macro manually and then added that code where it said range.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I spoke too soon. The other printer options that I pick while creating the macro do not change for the second half of the macro. Whatever the printer options that are selected last stay selected. The macro doesn't seem to change the settings. The duplexing and selecting the drawer with the letterhead stay whatever was selected last. Any suggestions?

Thanks

This thread seems to have continued here, where there is more detail on what the macro does.