2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Bar of Pie chart (Office 97 SR 1)

I can't figure out how to control which data fields go in to the Bar part of the combination 'Bar of Pie' chart.

I want to make a pie chart showing revenues for 4 companies. Then the 4th company will be broken down into the bar chart to include 3 separate components that add up to the total indicated by its slice of the pie. How do I enter my data to do this?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Bar of Pie chart (Office 97 SR 1)

You have to enter all data in one series:
    <table border=1><td>Company A</td><td>13</td><td>Company B</td><td>37</td><td>Company C</td><td>22</td><td>Company D-1</td><td>42</td><td>Company D-2</td><td>8</td><td>Company D-3</td><td>15</td></table>Now create a bar of pie chart based on this table. It won't be right, but don't worry.
    You may need to toggle the chart by rows/chart by columns option to see all 6 data points.
    Click somewhere in the pie (or bar) to select the series.
    Select Format/Selected series...
    Select the last tab Options.
    Here you can set the number of data points used for the bar part of the chart.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Bar of Pie chart (Office 97 SR 1)

hey, thanks!! I never would have found that. I had myself and 2 classes (30 students in all) trying to see if they could figure this out. Some figured out some work-arounds, but all were a lot more time-consuming that this!