New Lounger
    Thanks

Word / Access Mail Merge HELP! (2000)

I need some help with Access/WORD Mail Merge Document please!
    I want to Merge data from an Access Database, onto a Pre-Printed Form we use. The problem is, when I merge any number of Records, NONE line up the same. I assume it's because of some Fields (Names, Places, etc.) have different lengths.
    How can I make a Template/Merge Document that will print my Access information always in the same place on the Form????
    THANKS>...........E. Ray Austin

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word / Access Mail Merge HELP! (2000)

Hi Ray:
    It's hard to picture what's happening without more information about the form. If, for example, you have a tab between two mergefields on your form and the length of the first entry exceeds the tab, your second entry will start at different places.

You can either:
    1. Set up your form in advance to accommodate the largest entry in each Access field, or
    2. Place the mergefields in the main document inside table cells. Make sure the table properties for column width are not set to resize to fit the contents. Now if an entry is too long, it will wrap--just as if you typed in a table cell. Note that this will push everything on the following rows down.

Hope this helps.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Ref: Word / Access Mail Merge HELP! (2000)

Hi Phil.....Thanks for your reply.
    I'll try your suggestion but how about I send you the Mail Merge document if this doesn't work and a copy of the (small) database, and let you see what I am talking about?
    Let me know if it's ok to send it to you.

Thanks,
    Ray

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Ref: Word / Access Mail Merge HELP! (2000)

Hi Ray:
    It's OK to send it to me, but I think it would be better to zip it & upload it to the lounge. That way, there will be more people that can help.