Lounger
    Thanks

Import/export records (A2K) (A2k SR-1)

I've been browsing the lounge looking for some guidance. Maybe I haven't gone back far enough, but just putting up a post seems it might be quicker so I can get on with it.

My applicaton has an application portion and data portion with the data tables linked to the App portion (frontend/backend?). The application is designed to set up files and some other stuff but ultimately print out the invoice after a job has been completed. The invoice form draws information from three other tables. Now, I've been asked if it is possible for other offices to use this application and then export the billing information to a central office when a file is closed. At the central office this information would then (hopefully) be imported into the appropriate tables to update the central office tables. As it presently stands, the billing information is faxed and re-keyed into a billing program providing ample opportunity for error.

Both the billing offices and the central office would be using essentially the same application except the billing offices would need to export the information and the central office needs to import it without having to do this re-keying stuff.

So, can I get some suggestion(s) to point me in the right direction? It currently looks like I will need to have 3 different Append queries to append the information from the invoice to the appropriate tables. Is that how it's done?

Sorry for the epistle, but wanted to be clear as possible to outline my assigned project.

Bill Blazer

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Import/export records (A2K) (A2k SR-1)

I recon you need to set-up

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Import/export records (A2K) (A2k SR-1)

Thanks Rupert, guess I was using the wrong seach terms.

Bill Blazer