New Lounger
    Thanks

Importing Fomrs (Access 2k)

Imported an Access form that has VB code attached to it. When I try and view the code it's not there. when I try to rebuild I get " Network Path Not found Error" . Any ideas??

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Importing Fomrs (Access 2k)

I suspect you have both Access 2000 and some member of the Office XP family of apps on your machine. The version of the VBE6.DLL installed with any of the XP apps can cause this problem in Access 2000 code containers, including forms, reports, and modules. Unfortunately, there is no cure. If you have an older version of the application, go back to it. You will not be able to import the objects into another database. Be very careful not to touch Access 2000 code objects with Access XP.
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

There maybe some component of XP on here but we didn't install it unless it came in as an upgrade or patch. should I reinstall office so I don't run into this again

Thanks

Although Charlotte has stated that she hasn't had any success with the following method, I know that it works for me and several others. I have Access 97, 2000 & XP on my machine. If you import a form into an existing Access 2000 database and then close the database without first compiling it, the code is indeed gone.

Try importing the form, then go to the form's design view, View Code, then COMPILE and SAVE. In my case, this has worked without fail. I can then close and re-open the database and all of the code is there. Hope this works for you.

John
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

When I tried that method, it corrupted the database to which I had imported the objects. Microsoft Tech Support told me that once a database was corrupted as a result of the VBE6.DLL problem, it was not recoverable, and I found that to be the case.
    Charlotte