2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Track changes and styles (XP/sp1)

Has anyone else had the following behaviour? In Word XP with "track changes" on when I enter a heading, say level 1 ("Heading 1" style) and press <enter>, the next line is also formatted as level 1. This is different to the behaviour when "track changes" is off, in which case pressing <enter> from a level 1 heading gives a new paragraph with the "Normal" style. If I bring up the styles task pane and go into the "modify" style are for the style in question then the "style for following paragraph" field is still shown as "Normal" so it is not as if the style definition is somehow screwed-up (at least not obviously!!)

Now to thicken the plot. If I press enter on a pre-existing heading (i.e. a level 1 heading that was created prior to turning on track changes) whilst track changes is active then the new paragraph is correctly formatted as "Normal". The strange behaviour only seems to happen in paragraphs where the heading style is aplied whilst track changes is active.

The attached Word doc shows the kesystrokes and the results...
    Attached Files Attached Files

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Track changes and styles (XP/sp1)

In Woody's Word Watch enewsletter, he's been detailing the (harumpf) "idiosyncracies" of tracking changes in Word XP.