New Lounger
    Thanks

Tool Bar Buttons (Project 98)

I have added a custom tool bar with some buttons that launch macros that are stored in my various MS Project Files. I noted that in the "TOOLS | ORGANIZER" the TOOLBARS tab shows my custom toolbar. But it seems that unless it is moved to the GLOBAL.MPT file, the custom toolbar is not available for activation when I go to "TOOLS | CUSTOMIZE | TOOLBARS".

Does anyone know if there is a way to have a custom Toolbar appear based on only what is in the currently open Project file? It would be nice to only display toolbars that are specific for the currently open project.

Thanks.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tool Bar Buttons (Project 98)

No, toolbars are "global". Your custom toolbar will always be there for every Project file.

Thanks

Re: Tool Bar Buttons (Project 98)

You could create a macro to create your toolbar "on the fly" and one to remove it when the file is closed. At least I assume you can, I've done similar things in Word, Excel and FrontPage. Of course you'd have to run the macro to build the toolbar.
    <!post=This post in excel, 30032>This post in excel<!/post> has an example

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile