New Lounger
    Thanks

Generating TOC replaces quote with backslash (Word97)

When I generate a toc for an entry that has quotes on each side of the word, i.e. "Articles" in the Table of Contents itself the second quote mark is replaced with a backslash. The entry is marked with a macro on a button on the toolbar, and I have tried unmarking the entries and re-marking them, but it still happens. It only happens in one document and the entries without quotes are fine. Any ideas? Thanks!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Generating TOC replaces quote with backslash (Word97)

Hi Hotchkin:
    If the macro & TOCs are working correctly in all documents but one, logic suggests that either:
    1. there is some document corruption (if so, try copying the the document without copying the last paragraph mark to a new document. There are additional steps that you can try--search the board for "corrupt document".
    2. There is something wrong with the TOC field. Press Alt+F9. Then copy & paste the syntax of the field here (i.e. everything inside the curly braces). You'll have to be careful not to select the whole field or you will only copy the result. The easiest way is to place the cursor inside the opening field brace, just in front of the first character, & then hold the shift key down & arrow right until you select the the last character). Then copy.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Generating TOC replaces quote with backslash (Word97)

Phil, thanks for the reply. It turns out it's a glitch in the template and has been fixed in a later version of our template program. We are upgrading to the later version within the month, so our problem should be over.