New Lounger
    Thanks

OL2K Do Not Deliver Before fails (OL2K - 9.0.0.2711)

Greetings,

I did try about 100 strings before giving up. The Messages stuck in Outbox answers I read do not apply.
    I set the Do Not Deliver Before date and time and it does show as bold italic in the outbox. When I edit, I make sure to click Send to return it Outbox, and it again shows as bold italic. What means just italic vs. bold italic appearance of msg. in Outbox? Anyway, the msg does not send as scheduled. I find it later still malingering and must manually F5 to kick it out. Norton does scan it as it goes but does not stop it. I do get a login dialogue but I cancel it since Sends go without my having to log in.

I have cable modem constant connection, EL ISP. I do not require a pw to send, but do type it in to receive (I never let it remember it for me). I have Norton System Works and Personal Firewall. OS in Win98. Delivery option is set to Home default, connect via LAN, connect via modem if LAN is not available; not networked, home user, only 1 account/profile. Poss. interesting, maybe not: Annoying EL 5.0 opens when sending msgs. to say, govt. person, when I click on link to their direct email, rather than using my open OL2K. THX!

Thanks

Re: OL2K Do Not Deliver Before fails (OL2K - 9.0.0.2711)

Do you always send and receive manually? It may be that despite the precision of the time you set in the options, Outlook only peers into the Outbox when it is sending and receiving messages at its regularly scheduled intervals (or when you manually Send and Receive/F5). The fact that the option is named "do not send before" rather than "send at" suggests that this is a likely explanation.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

are you using corp or imo mode? see help | about.

New Lounger
    Thanks

IMO mode. FWIW, it did work once, coupla' 3-4 wks. ago. What did I do btw. then and now is only a pigment of my fragmentation.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yes and no. When I set Send automatically when connected, each time I click a Send on a finished msg., Norton very unhelpfully insists on scanning it at that moment. So, when I need to Send more than 1, I turn Off Send when connected. I did think about that and did a test Send to myself but it did not seem to help. I am trying to figure out where to turn off scan outgoing emails, that's next. Oh yeah, the wiggle room MS factors in is always as pleasant as an exploding loo. Of course, a *real* timed auto Send would be called "Send At" but that would mean making a commitment. Any workarounds? Thanks.