Thread: Drive Letters

New Lounger
    Thanks

Drive Letters

I recently added anew 40gb drive to my system because it appeared that my old drive was having problems. When I installed win2k my keyboard refused to work and i was unable to partition the new drive. So first question does anybody know of any software that will allow me to re-partition the drive NTFS on the fly?
    Secondly the new drive is Disk 0 with the letter J. My zip drive is now C: host for H and the master CD ROM is H:. Should I not have to change the boot drive to C:? AND finally the old drive was causing real problems so in the BIOS setup I changed the setting foe this drive to "Not installed" but win2k still appears to find and list the drive and its contents which are as follows an unallocated 2Gb which was the old primary partition that i deleted and 4 other partitions D-G: All healthy(?) logical drives.
    Any suggestions for tidying up this mess please?
    As usual many thanks in advance for your feedback and shared knowledge
    Geoff Moffatt

Thanks

Re: Drive Letters

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Drive Letters

Amen to that - it is an excellent utility, and worth every penny. You can buy it direct off the web, but may find that the powerquest sales d/b will only let you d/l it after a call to the support line along the lines of 'Why doesn't my password work??!!**@@'. Maybe I was unlucky.
    The suppport documentation is also excellent and worth spending time on.
    Do follow the advice to back up before you run it - 9 times out of ten it will preform the most amazing gymnastics without any problem.
    There really is the one time out of ten when an entire partition gets corrupted..............