New Lounger
    Thanks

Person on multiple projects (Project 2000)

I have people in my department who work on multiple projects. I need to keep track of the percent of time a person works on multiple projects in a day. Project will only let me track one project at a time. How do I get this to work?

Thanks

Re: Person on multiple projects (Project 2000)

Are all of your projects created independetly or are they consolidated into one master project such that you can track across all of your projects?

How often are your projects updated, daily, weekly, etc?
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Projects are updated weekly. I've experimented with both independent and a master project. I'm thinking that a master project is the way to go with a resource pool shared out. Am I heading in the right direction?

Thanks

The Master Project with a resource pool is a good way to go. If people object, you can always maintain separate projects and create the master project by pasting the other projects in (headache), however, you would have to be careful to maintain the resource pool across all of the projects.

Anyone else have any insight?
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

If you create a project with nothing but resources on it and call it the "pool" you will then want to share those resources with each indiv. project and assign accourdingly. Then create a "Master" project with just the Project summary task (tools, options, view tab, check project summary task) and name that Master. Underneath that Project summary task, go to insert project and locate all of your projects. Save that Master Project and all sub projects on a shared folder. Individuals can work on their sub projects but you can maintain control over the master (they are linked).
    Good luck