New Lounger
    Thanks

Defaultprt.zip (97)

Looking for the default.zip download that was at one time available from MCWtech.com
    My Problem:
    Need to be able to send out 4 reports (one after another) with each report being directed to another printer. This must be accomplished through code with the click of a button.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Defaultprt.zip (97)

What does the download do? There's plenty of code floating around with examples of using the PrtDevMode to get printer information and change the printer settings for a report if you explain exactly what you need.
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

The download was distributed with the Access97 Dev handbook CD. It has examples of PrtDevMode and PrtDevNames. This is uncharted ground for me and I could use an example or two. Here's what I got...
    I have a db on a network drive which pulls from a database which collects info from security cards of people entering the facility. In case of an emergency, one user could run a series of reports (4 of them) - each report destined for a different printer - to conduct accountability of personnel. Currently, 4 people connect to this db and run their own report (based on location). If any of the 4 are not at their desk, this can be a problem.
    Bottom Line: 4 reports to 4 different printers with the click of one button.

I would appreciate any direction to code bits or examples. Thanks.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have the Access97 Dev handbook CD and could email you the ch10.mdb which is the relevant chapter on prtDev.

Peter

New Lounger
    Thanks

Please do.

brian_sharpless@noltex.com

Thanks.