Roseu

Outlook appointments

I need to add appointments to about 20 other calendars besides my own. What would be the easiest way to do this?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook appointments

Is the requirement i) to add the same appointment to 20 other calendars,ii) for you to have the ability to add appointments into 20+ calendars or iii) both?
    What version of Outlook and is it working in Corporate or Internet mode? (To find out go to Outlook Help | About Microsoft Outlook - and the info is in the first para.)
    Silverback

Roseu

I need to actually add the appointment to 20 calendars in the quickest way possible. We are using Outlook 2000 and are set up for Corporate. Thank you.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Wow - quick response.
    I would use Plan a Meeting function. Get to this by selecting Calendar folder then Actions | Plan a Meeting.
    Select the 20 names by clicking on Invite Others (if you have a distribution list set up you can use this - Outlook will expand it for you).
    Set up date and time of meeting in the relevant fields and then click on Make a Meeting. This will bring up an Appointment form addressed to all the people you selected. Press Send and an Appointment message is sent to everyone. When it arrives in their Inbox, an Tentative appointment will automatically be put into their calendar folder. Each person replies with Accept, Decline or Tentative and the appointment in their calendar is marked Permanent, Removed or left as Tentative respectively.
    Have I answered your problem or told you something you already knew? Apologies if it's the latter
    Silverback

Roseu

Thank you. This was something we already knew. The problem is we are talking about a whole year's worth of appointments (approx. 72 appointments) which need to be put on 20 different calendars in the firm. We are trying to avoid the necessity of a response and also of sending out 72 separate messages. Any ideas?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

manually create a text file containing the appt then import into each.
    or
    create them in one calendar and send as attachments to the other users. they drag and drop the items into their calendar. you can drop all 72 on one message.
    or
    create a special public folder, add the appts, send a message telling everyone to copy them to their calendar.

if you or the admin has access to all calendars, you can copy them to the calendars for the users.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Bother. Not a lot left in the ideas tank here. One last go. Is it possible to export the master calendar (assume yours) on to a file on a network drive and then have the others import this into their calendar? You may have to create a duplicate calendar to export otherwise the others will import all your other appointments as well.
    I'm not 100% sure this will work but I think it ought to.
    HTH
    Silverback

Lounger
    Thanks

Yeah, you can use Net Folders, then the master calendar will appear on the workstations. It does require sending out a message and replying and if it doesn't work first time you will be tearing your hair out in frustration.

Otherwise it is time to look at getting Exchange on your server.