Thread: OE Won't Start

KevinH

OE Won't Start

I'm running IE 5.0, SP 1, and have been using the bundled version of OE successfully up until a short time ago. Now it won't start.

The first time I click on the icon, I get an hourglass for a few seconds; after that, if I click on the icon, nothing happens at all.

I reinstalled IE, including OE, and OE still won't start. Any ideas? I'm temporarily using Eudora, and I think it's substandard, to say the least.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: OE Won't Start

KevinH

Thanks, that did it. I have a feeling identities might not be worth the trouble. Switching between them is inconvenient, in any case.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Just a note of thanks for your posting. This exact same problem happened to my wife
    Silverback