New Lounger
    Thanks

Word crash with ShellExecute

As anybody ever open a Word document, from another application (powerbuilder) with the ShellExecute command? I've got two users (out of 40) that crash when MSWord start after the command is executed. Both have Win95 with Office 97 (not sure which SR).
    MSWord just flash (as it would open, then disappears! Alt-Ctrl-Del would show the entry for WinWord, but no message appears and there's no icon. And trying to reopen the file with Explorer gives the message that the file is already open and asks if they want to copy the file!

They both have 233 with 128Mg of RAM. I made them try with only this one application (to be sure there's no memory or resource conflicts) but the result is the same!

Does anybody know of a way to log what's happening? Some way I could "Debug" this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word crash with ShellExecute

There is a program called Filemon that will log all running processes. You can get it at http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/filemon.shtml. I haven't had experience with your problem so I don't know if this will assist. Good luck.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the info PHIL.
    I'll start testing on my machine (where it works) and next week I'll load the app. on one of my user and see what will come out!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

I'm not sure if I understand your problem, but I have a solution for another problem:

I wrote code in PowerPoint97/Win95 that invoked Word97SR-2/Win95 to pass a powerpoint document to be processed by Word. I had no problems passing control back and forth once I'd worked out how to do it.