New Lounger
    Thanks

Transfer Records to Excel based on Field values (2000,SR1)

I have an Access table which has records for 25 groups in my department. Each month, I send out an XL file with 26 worksheets (1 for each group and a Totals sheet) for their expenditures for the month. There's a field in my table that has the group's name and the worksheets have corresponding names, but I currently send the data to an empty XL sheet, then cut and paste each group's records into their worksheet.

I know I can break the table up into 25 separate tables and programatically send each group's records to their worksheet, but I was wondering is there an easier way to do this based on the values in the table and the name of the worksheet? Or I guess I could create and delete the 25 tables when I'm done each month.

Thanks.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Transfer Records to Excel based on Field values (2000,SR1)

Couldn't you just transfer the contents of 25 different queries run on the one table? I assume you could differentiate each of the 25 groups in some way so that you could run one query for each group? Then a loop would transfer each recordset to XL.
    Peter

New Lounger
    Thanks

Could an access pivot table provide what you want?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can use a parameter query to separate the records for each group and then export the result to an XL worksheet. Then just import each one into the workbook you're sending out.
    Charlotte