Wasn't sure where to get help on this subject so I though i'd try here:
I have been trying to set up an FTP server using BulletProof FTP (evaluation version) - but have tried some others and they seem to do the same thing. I don't have much info as I'm not sure whats needed, but if more is needed enable to help me, then please ask for it.

THE PROBLEM:
I have set up a user and can access it locally, however, if I try to access it from another source, it hangs when its trying to list what is in the folder.
The login is successful according to the ftp server program.

INFO:
Win 98 2nd edition using Internet Connection Sharing (with "obtain IP automatically"). Two network cards installed, one with a fixed IP for the LAN, the other with "Obtain IP automatically" for my cable internet connection.

I tried to use the Serv-U trial software, which is apparently the most commonly used, but it wouldn't seem to run online - when I clicked Start Server, the status would change to "Running" for a second then change to "Offline". In the License part it said the trial software was out of date and to download a new version from their ftp - which I did, and it said the same thing.

Any help would be much appreciated.