New Lounger
    Sussex, England

File Delete Permission problems

I am trying to save the files in a folder on a drive so that all users are prevented from being able to delete files except the administrator. No problems with setting the permissions and sure enough when copying and pasting files using explorer the deny delete works.

The problems arise when a file is created new in Word and 'saved as' in the protected folder before continuing to edit. When finished with the file and I try and save it, because the system tries to delete the hidden temp file, I get the error telling me that the folder is read only and the file cannot be saved. I have remove all autorecover settings in word options. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to protect the files in the folder from deletion while at the same time being able to save files. Similarly the same problem occurs if I re-open a file from that protected folder to re-edit it.

Silicon Valley, USA

Re: File Delete Permission problems

This same message appear here, on the Word board. For the sake of good order, please click through and post your suggestions there.