Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Express Signatures : Saving them to a file

I've got about 45 signatures that I use at different times. Is there a way to save all of them to a separate file, in case they are needed in a reformat situation?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Express Signatures : Saving them to a file

If you are using signatures that are TEXT, as opposed to a file, they are stored in the registry.

Open regedit and find this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USERIdentities{A757ABA0-FFE5-11D2-932D-9A4ED3FD3007}SoftwareMicrosoftOutlook Express5.0signatures

Note: the really long number will be different for you, but there will not be many to choose from. There is one long number per identity you use.

Click on the word Signatures, on the left pane, then Registry - Export Registry File from the menu, check the option for Selected Branch only.

This will save the file under the name you give it, with a REG extension. You can then double click this file to restore your signatures to what they were, prior to saving the reg key. (This would delete any new signatures you have added since)

If you need more help with the registry, please do not hesitate to ask.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Express Signatures : Saving them to a file

Hi JL
    Unless you know exactly what you're doing (and even then) my advice fwiw is : if you are editing the Registry, back up user.dat and system.dat (your Registry files in Win98 and previous) before altering anything in it via Regedit. With Win98, if you really foul-up you have Scanreg, but don't bank on it.
    I speak, as it were, from bitter experience...