Lounger
    Thanks

Create Distribution List by filter? (Outlook 2000 SR-1)

Is there any way to add Contacts to a Personal Distribution list OTHER THAN selecting each contact one at a time? Alternatively, is there a way to send an e-mail to every contact that meets a filter criteria?

It just occurred to me that I recall running across some kind of e-mail mail merge function - I never did figure out how to make it work.

Suggestions?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Create Distribution List by filter? (Outlook 2000 SR-1)

no on adding to a DL.

yes, after filtering contacts, select the contacts and either on the actions menu or the right click there should be a send new message option.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Create Distribution List by filter? (Outlook 2000 SR-1)

The article Q164532 on MS Knowledge base covers mimicking a pab distribution list using categories. One thing it leaves out though is to take that email and either create a form or a draft email for later use. Also, you can use Ctrl and click each contact (in Address List View) and then right click to add a categorie to all selected contacts at one time which makes it much faster. then drag the selected contacts to the inbox and it will create the new mail message with all included. There are so many different ways but this seems to work for most. Hope this helps.