Star Lounger
    Thanks

Linking with GetObject (97/sr2)

Can anyone tell me what the class to use to open Microsoft Image Editor using GetObject?

I can open the files using FollowHyperLink but Image Editor is not the default graphics program on all of the machines and I need to have the same program throughout.

I have been unable to make GetObject work with the file as an argument so I'm at a complete loss as to how to get it to open Image Editor, then the file.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Linking with GetObject (97/sr2)

Are you talking about Imaging for Windows, the imaging prgram that comes with at least some versions of Windows, or something else?
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Linking with GetObject (97/sr2)-MULTI-Re: Linking%

I seem to have succumbed to brian fade. The program is Photo Editor not Image Editor and it shipped with Office 97 and Word 97.

I don't particularly care which program is used since all I need is something to view a picture of the inventory item. I picked Photo Editor because it was already there an I thought it might be easier to get a MS program to work.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Linking with GetObject (97/sr2)-MULTI-Re: Linking%

You're not gonna be able to use GetObject with Photo Editor, it's not an "ActiveX component" or application that can be used with Automation. You won't find it listed in the available References list and browsing for it won't work either. You can use the simple Shell function to open a file with Photo Editor, example:

Dim strAppName As String
    Dim strFilename As String
    strAppName = "C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedPhotoEdPHOTOED.EXE"
    strFilename = "C:IconsGIFsreptileslizard0b.gif"
    Call Shell(strAppName & " " & strFilename, 1)

I have both Office 97 and Office 2K installed on this machine & above path is where PHOTOED.EXE resides. If other users have standard installation of Office this should work but no guarantee everybody will have standard installation.
    HTH